Great squash recipe. This one easy to make and tastes great.
If you’re following a Paleo diet, grains and dairy are off the table, which is why if you like traditional oatmeal, it’s a good thing to have a grain-free and dairy-free option in your recipe repertoire. This nutritious and delicious porridge from The Paleo 30-Day Challenge combines chopped nuts with mashed bananas, coconut flakes, and cinnamon for a wonderfully comforting oatmeal substitute. This recipe works equally well with the use of a mixture of nuts or just a single variety, so feel free to use what you have on hand.
Servings 4 people
- 2 tbsp medium bananas
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups almond or coconut milk (1½ cup used first, then ½ cup used later)
- 2 cups berries
- salt and pepper to taste
- Mash the bananas with a fork in a medium-sized bowl.
- To the bananas, add the coconut flakes, pecans, walnuts, cinnamon, sea salt, and 1½ cups of almond milk and stir to combine.
- Pour the mixture into a small saucepan stirring continuously over low heat until warmed through, about five minutes. Slowly add in the remaining almond milk, up to ½ cup, until your desired consistency is achieved.
- Top porridge with berries and serve hot. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to five days.