I developed this fast, easy and spectacular meal for The Paleo 30-Day Challenge and it doesn’t disappoint!
Sheet Pan Shrimp and Broccoli
I developed this fast, easy and spectacular meal for The Paleo 30-Day Challenge and it doesn’t disappoint! Fresh lemon juice adds citrusy pizazz and your shrimp won’t be overcooked, thanks to par-cooking the broccoli first.
Servings 4 people
- 6 cups broccoli florets
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 lb medium or large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/3 cup cup melted ghee
- 1 large lemon
- Preheat the oven to 425℉ and line a large sheet pan with parchment paper. Arrange the broccoli florets on the parchment and drizzle with the avocado oil. Toss with your hands to make sure the broccoli is evenly coated with oil.
- Sprinkle the broccoli with sea salt and roast for 4 minutes until it turns bright green and starts to soften. While broccoli is roasting, mix the shrimp and ghee together in a medium bowl.
- When the broccoli is ready, remove the sheet pan from the oven and spread the shrimp evenly around the broccoli on the parchment paper.
- Roll the lemon on a hard surface to loosen the inner membranes, then cut the lemon in half. Squeeze the juice all over all the shrimp and broccoli, making sure to get some on each piece.
- Roast for 5 to 7 more minutes until the shrimp are pink and the broccoli starts to char. Serve hot. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to four days.