This simple and delightful treat is one of my favorite desserts from The Paleo 30-Day Challenge.
Zesty Coconut Whipped Cream with Berries
This simple and delightful treat is one of my favorite desserts from The Paleo 30-Day Challenge. Sweetened coconut cream plus the lemon zest and berries equals yum! Honey is the sweetener of choice here, but you can use maple syrup or any natural sweetener that you prefer.Occasional sweets and treats can be part of a healthy real food diet as long as you choose wisely. Raw honey contains antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins, and minerals, making it a good option as far as sweeteners go.
Servings 4 people
- 2 cups coconut cream (scraped off the top of 2 to 3 cans of full-fat coconut milk)*
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 2 lemons, zested
- 2 tbsp honey
- Using an electric mixer or a handheld whisk, whip the coconut cream until it forms peaks.
- Fold in the honey, half the lemon zest, and 1 cup of berries.
- Divide the mixture between 4 small serving bowls or glasses and top with remaining berries and zest.
- Serve cold. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to four days.
*Put your cans of full-fat coconut milk in the refrigerator for at least 24 hours in advance to help the cream separate from the water, making it easy to remove the cream from the top of the can. I always keep a couple of cans in the fridge just for this purpose. Save the coconut water for use in future smoothies and other recipes.